Archdiocesan Grant Proposal Procedures
VERY FIRST STEP: If you are thinking about applying for a grant, please get approval from your Pastor/Director and then contact the Office of Development to let us know the details:
To what organization are you thinking of applying, for what purpose, how much are you planning to request? Please don’t wait to do this, as grant applications and then award notifications, can take up to a year or more. So think ahead.
If you have a need for a grant, but don’t know what organization to apply to, call the Office of Development and we can assist you in choosing the best granting organization for your project.
When writing your grant proposal:
- Follow the procedures of the granting agency exactly. If you need advice or assistance, contact the Office of Development.
- When your draft proposal application is complete, submit it electronically to the Office of Development no later than one month before the application is due to the granting agency. The Office of Development may ask for your application sooner than one month, if needed.
- The Office of Development will review your grant application, make sure all required questions are complete and attachments included, and work with you to make it the best it can be.
- We will request a letter of support from the Archbishop, if needed for the proposal. Once the Archbishop’s letter is received, depending on the granting agency, either the Office of Development will submit all documents electronically to the granting agency, or in some instances, your parish/office will submit the proposal documentation, providing an electronic copy of everything submitted to the Office of Development at [email protected].
- If the Office of Development submits your grant proposal electronically with the Archbishop’s letter and any other attachments, an electronic copy will be sent to you.
- Please e-mail all correspondence sent to or received from the granting agency to the Office of Development.
- When you are awarded a grant, e-mail/scan a copy of the award letter, a copy of the award check, a copy of reporting requirements, and any other award communication to the Office of Development. If you are denied a grant request, please e-mail/scan a copy of the denial letter to the Office of Development. If the Office of Development receives this information, we will forward it to your parish/office.
- When you are awarded a grant, write a thank you note to the granting organization right away; send an electronic copy to the Office of Development.
- When you are awarded a grant, be prepared to complete any progress reports, financial reports, evaluation reports, completely and on time (usually within one year). If the Office of Development is to submit these reports, they must be electronically sent to the Office 15 days before the deadline. This is very important to our ability to receive future grants. If you are to submit the reports directly, please electronically copy the reports and submit to the Office of Development.
For additional information, please visit our website at: www.archdiocesesantafegiving.org/development/ or contact the Office of Development with any questions or for assistance in working on a grant application. We are happy to help you!